Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Illustration Friday – Communication


Last weekend I was lucky enough to see and hear Ruthie Foster perform at the Alix Goolden hall in Victoria. It was incredible. She had this huge smile that never left her face, communicating along with her voice. Near the end, she said "I don't know about y'all, but I've had myself a good time!" Me too! This is an attempt to represent what it was like to be there listening to her – warmth, joy, power, everything offered up with such intensity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg, what a wonderful surprise - Ruthie!! I love your drawing - it captures the spirit of her and the night! I think you should share it with Ruthie!

Anonymous said...

isn't ruthie wonderful. i've seen her a couple of times. she was at jazz fest a couple of years ago and put on a great show!