Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Slow Lane

The balcony at the indoor pool is the best place to eat lunch on campus during the winter. It's warm and cozy, almost spa-like, and although it's full of students most of them are sleeping or watching movies on their laptops, so it's way quieter than the eating areas in the Student Union Building.

Sitting on the carpeted bleachers overlooking the pool, I love watching the swimmers. The ones in the slow lane are perfect models for when I feel like whipping out my sketchbook to knock off a few minutes of drawing during lunch. This guy stopped to take a break against the pool's edge and I couldn't resist capturing his moment of relaxation. Ahhh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a nice warm swimming pool. If I were a millionaire I'd have my own!!
GB